Can you believe we’re over halfway through 2022 already? Now is a great time to check in with the health goals that you set in January. If you’re not where you wanted to be, don’t worry! There’s still plenty of time to reach your goals by the end of the year. Luckily, summer is a great season to find fun ways to boost your physical and mental health. In today’s blog post, I want to share a few ideas for your summer bucket list to help you improve your wellbeing.
Here are five items to add to your summer bucket list to give your health a boost.
1. Go to your local farmer’s market: Head to a nearby farmer’s market and pick up some fresh summer fruits and veggies! Not only does shopping local help your hometown farmers, but it also encourages you to eat better. Another bonus: Fruits and veggies begin to lose their nutrients after 24 hours of being picked, so local produce is both fresher and more nutritious.
2. Have a picnic: Did you know that July is National Picnic Month? Let’s celebrate! Pack up your lunch and enjoy it outside. Picnics are a great way to get some vitamin D and fresh air as you enjoy that fresh produce from the farmer’s market. Getting outside has a long list of other mental and physical health benefits too, including a boost to your immune system, better sleep, and increased serotonin (also known as “the feel good hormone”).
3. Pick your own fruit: Chances are, there’s a spot near your hometown where you can pick fruits like berries, oranges, or peaches. With so many yummy options in season, don’t miss your window to grab them right off the bush. Afterwards, you can get creative in the kitchen and make your own jam or desserts.
4. Head to the beach: What’s summer without some sun and sand? Go for a swim, play beach games, or just soak in the sunshine with your family and friends. Don’t forget to go over important beach safety tips before hitting the waves (and, of course, grab your SPF!).
5. Make fruit-infused water: Stay hydrated this season with a drink you won’t be able to put down! Infusing your water with delicious fruit is a great way to increase your water intake this summer. Make a whole batch for the family in a cute drink dispenser for easy access. Need some inspiration? Check out these eight refreshing recipes.
Whatever you choose for your summer bucket list, be sure to take care of yourself and your loved ones!
Stay hydrated. Apply (and reapply!) sunscreen. Get plenty of rest. And don’t forget to schedule your annual check-up with your primary care physician if you haven’t been in for a visit this year. Happy summer!